WHO ARE WE?
Namely our small-lot production is oriented especially on export, namely our metallurgical production (centrifugal casting, hot rolling of sections)
and production of measurement, regulation and automation technology for industry. We prefer “turn-key supplies” upon specific requirements of our customers. Guarantee and after-guarantee servicing forms naturally integral part of our supplies.
Offer of our company comprises also various services – research and development of new materials and technologies, accredited testing, consultancy and experts opinions). Our specialists analyse during consultation the problem presented by the customer, propose its possible solution or development of an optimum material, manufacturing technology and treatment in order to ensure achieving of the required service properties. They prepare concrete proposals aimed at realistic economies of production costs, as well as elimination or reduction of harmful impacts of customers production on environment, etc.
WHAT DO WE PRODUCE IN PARTICULAR?
- electromagnetic mold level detector for measurement of molten steel level in the mold of continuous casting machine
- special sections for manufacturing of hinges for vehicle doors
- centrifugally cast rolls for food industry, particularly grinding rollers
- centrifugally cast reduction rolls for tube rolling mills
- short-circuited slip rings for wind-power generating station
- coated tools and formings with long service life
- production of other special equipment for metallurgical plants, foundries and machine plants
WHAT ARE OUR MARKETS?
Approximately half of the VÚHŽ a.s. production is exported. Our customers are, apart from Czech Republic, in Germany, Italy, France, Poland, Slovakia, Saudi Arabia, India, China, Russia, Ukraine or South Africa.
WHAT IS OUR HISTORY?
The joint stock company VÚHŽ Dobrá was established within the frame of so called voucher privatisation on the 1st May 1992 by transformation from the State-owned company “Iron and Steel Research Institute”, which was originally founded in Prague by General Directory of Czechoslovak metallurgical industry on the 1st April 1948 under the original name “Steel Research Institute”. This institute moved in 1972 into newly premises erected in Dobrá near Frýdek-Místek.
100% shareholder of VÚHŽ a.s. is Třinecké železárny a.s.